2011-01-14

Conspiracy of Science - Earth is, in fact, growing!

Vatic Note: Wow, well, blow my socks off.  Now Who woulda thunk, huh?  I had no idea and from what he shows us, it makes perfect sense and in fact, it makes more sense then anything else I have heard about the plates. Think about it, if all the continents were connected at one time on all sides into a solid land mass, AND they have not changed in size,  then the mass of all the continents had to be the same while the volumn of the earth itself, must have grown rather than the continents shrinking or there would be no oceans.  Because of the volumes of space now between the continents, there is no other explanation or answer for what happened.  Well of course it didn't shrink, so the only other answer is this one below. I am not a geologist or scientist for that matter so you all watch this video and decide for yourself. This is really fascinating. I am a science buff only as a hobby, so this really has been fun for me to learn about the earth and how its evolved over many millions if not billions of years.  Now here is the big question...... IS IT STILL GROWING?  Is the distance between our continents getting bigger?  Will it take longer to fly somewhere or sail somewhere?  How much is  it growing per year?   Is their an end to that growth?  Is it unlimited, what size could it end up?   Could it get as big as Jupiter?  Was Jupiter smaller at one time???   Lots of related questions.

Conspiracy of Science - Earth is, in fact, growing
http://evolutionezine.com/growing-earth/
nealadamsdotcom
March 02, 2007

When my children come home from school and tell me what they are learning in Science I always cringe just a little -- and then they cringe a little more when I begin what has become a fairly familiar speech in my home. Don’t always believe everything you are told…..

This doesn’t help them when it comes time to getting the grades - which gives them more choices -- and it doesn’t help me when they complain that knowing how to calculate the area of a circle will not help them succeed in life -- but it does help us all remember that as much as we think we know -- we really don’t know much.

I am very curious to learn your opinion of this video -- does it make sense? Do you believe it? If it’s true -- then what does it mean?     Loving the Journey



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ


The article is reproduced in accordance with Section 107 of title 17 of the Copyright Law of the United States relating to fair-use and is for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.

5 comments:

Blue Rose said...

They made a good video for visualizing all this. And the theory is something I have never heard of before. The spreading of the continents reminded me of a lotus flower opening up.

I am not sure I understand exactly what the speaker is saying as to what is the original cause of the spreading, as shown in the map of the Pacific Rim sea floor bed? In other words:

" As molten rock rises to the surface, the entire oceanic lithosphere moves away from the spreading center. In this way, new ocean floor constantly forms and slides away from either side of the ridge as solid plates of the lithosphere. This process is responsible for the phenomenon known as “seafloor spreading.” "
http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/geo_history_wa/The%20Restless%20Earth%20v.2.0.htm

Modern science seems to be saying what the speaker in the video is saying, it seems to me. Well, at least with the idea of continental spread.

The idea that the Earth was once a solid land mass is reasonable. Hardly anyone, I don't think, doubts that. I think even Science agrees the Earth was once a solid land mass. I think they do, anyway.

I did get the visualization nicely, due to the graphics in the video. But I'm not sure I understand what part of his theory he thinks Science does not agree with?

The old concept in Science that the shape of the continents is due to the 'rising and falling' of the land masses is outdated I think?

I was with the speaker up until the very end, when he suggested the Universe rotates around the Earth (as the ancients believed). Seems to me if this is true you can rule out the existence of extraterrestrial aliens...if humans are the one and only, God-created and unique.

It sounds to me as if this Gaia theory comes from the Bible to "prove" the Earth is the center of all things. This could be a little subtle sleight-of-hand propaganda by the anti-abortion crowd to explain why the Earth can handle every square inch being occupied by a human being. "Well, the Earth just grows bigger!" hmmmm yeah.

I found the idea that the Earth is growing...now *that* is a unique idea.

I presume he means that due to the molten lava working its way up through the Pacific Rim sea floor bed which causes spreading -- that this is the mechanism for the Earth growing. Growing perhaps even to the size of Jupiter!

Possible, I suppose. But I would think there would be a limit eventually to the Earth's ability to create molten lava. Like they say the Sun will eventually go cold?

But from the description below of what goes on at the core, looks to me the engine that creates the spreading could go on for a mighty long time, and thus leading to a literal growth Earth, leastways in theory:

"As you go deeper into our planet, the conditions of pressure and temperature steadily increase. The rocks become hotter and denser the deeper you go. The weight of all the overlying rocks causes the increase in pressure. The decay of heavy radioactive elements like uranium deep in the core produces the increase in heat. " http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/geo_history_wa/The%20Restless%20Earth%20v.2.0.htm

So...back to the drawing board for a final answer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_Earth_theory

Anonymous said...

Medic here.

Very interesting theory. But when you look in our universe so we see the space is growing. That means the universe ist expanding all the time. An thats a fact and proofen by sientists. But when space in getting bigger, why not the planets too?. It looks like the hole universe is like a rubber. When you pull on both sides all is expanding.

Vatic said...

Actually, there is a new theory on that. Plasma physicists are now saying that expansion of the universe is not necessarily the truth. I am not a physicist so I can't say who is right and who is wrong, but I have put it out there and its called "Thunderbolts of the Gods". I suggest you use the search button and go watch the scientists all talk about it and how its all connected to other unexplained phenomena they have not been able to explain.

Check it out and tell us what you think.

Vatic said...

Hi, Blue Rose, I love your imagery. An opening Lotus blossom. Great imagery. lol

Anonymous said...

I have an image for you. Gaia says the earth is alive. What if it's an egg? And 65 to 70 million years ago it was fertilized...What is growing down there???Anyone